Building effective leadership takes time, and it takes action. Together today for our children tomorrow is a beautiful sentiment that captures the essence of why we must work for self-governance. Now, it is time to do the work to get us where we need to go. The TPC is here to use its resources to make sure that it is happening today, so our kids can benefit from the legacy tomorrow.
UFA CHAPTER 28.7: MANDATE OF THE TRAINING POLICY COMMITTEE
The Umbrella Final Agreement (the “UFA”) established the Training Policy Committee (the “TPC”) under section 28.7 and directed it to carry out the following obligations:
- establish training programs for Yukon Indian People;
- develop a training plan that addresses matters identified in the implementation plans;
- develop a work plan to be included in the UFA implementation plan;
- develop guidelines for the expenditure of money from the YIPTT;
- expend the money in the YIPTT in accordance with the approved work plan;
- prepare an annual report to be delivered to the parties of the UFA; and
- establish consultative arrangements between Government and Yukon First Nations to ensure effective and economical integration of existing programs with new programs established by the training plan.